toll free 1-800-842-0421
Please follow up your resume submission with a phone call to schedule an interview, if required for the job you are seeking.
St. Catharines, ON
• Safe efficient operation and maintenance of process equipment, steam generation, nitrogen generation, compressor systems, water treatment, service air and cooling water systems (chiller/cooling tower) and related equipment
• Complete safety documents/permits to support the specific department activities
• Schedule and implement the corrective and preventative tasks in order to properly maintain process and utility operations within the facility, working with external contractors as required
• Troubleshoot equipment performance issues, mechanical problems and equipment failures
• Perform routine daily, weekly and monthly preventative maintenance programs of all electrical and mechanical operating systems and rotating equipment to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair to avoid equipment failures
• The incumbent is the Company representative in ensuring compliance with the regulations and inspections required under the Ontario TSSA Regulations and other authorities (e.g., MOECC, etc.)
• Manage spare parts inventory
• Develop and continuously improve maintenance program
• Strong engagement in the Health and Safety culture within the facility
• Provide leadership and direction to the operational team and foster a continuous improvement philosophy
• Champion and manage the facility energy management and reduction program
• Assist in the preparation of the annual capital budget
• Develop and execute capital projects within the facility
• Co-ordinate and manage the capital plan within the facility from concept to engineering and execution
Skills and Qualifications
• Working knowledge of preventative maintenance strategies, metrics and systems.
• Holding a current valid Ontario – Millwright Certificate, is a must.
• Team player with good communication skills and a high level of safety awareness.
• Candidate must be reliable, punctual and self- motivated with ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Candidate must have proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
• 2-5 years’ experience managing and executing capital projects within a manufacturing facility.
• Strong leader with superior organization and execution experience.
• Ability to effectively plan and lead others in execution.
• High degree of functional knowledge displaying technical and mechanical aptitude
• Working knowledge of industrial controls systems
- Proven Management experience
• Experience with machinery condition monitoring, life assessment, and repair strategies
• Support process team to resolve reoccurring issues with HVAC, boilers, chillers, compressors, filtration system
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to concisely break down and complex issues and instructions
• Demonstrated bias for action
• Ability to manage time effectively given competing priorities
• Manage contractors providing improvement services to the facility
• Trade tickets an asset (millwright, electrical, etc)
• Must be open to the possibility of working a 12-hour shift schedule which will be on a four week rolling pattern. Ability to work on weekends is also required
Flexible Health and Dental Benefit Options, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance & AD&D Coverage, RRSP option Defined Contribution Pension Plan