1396 S Service Road St. Catharines, ON L2R 6P9
A greenhouse is looking for an experience Administrative Assistant and/or Production Coordinator to join their team until June 2022, to cover a maternity leave.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Working/Communicating with wholesalers to manage weekly inventory
• Running Sales reports and communicating with customers if targets have been met
• Develop media/emails for surplus material available for quick sale
• Order Entry and Maintenance of all pre-book orders (including special plants)
• Plan with grower committee projected orders and follow through to ensure they are planted
• Monitoring weekly plantings to ensure planting requirements are met
• Activity reports for crops are run weekly and maintained to ensure crops are moved/spaced/pinched on time
• Walk the greenhouses and stage product when it is ready to ship/adjust inventory
• Be a liaison between growers and inventory support crew
• Assist with required administrative duties:
- Order Entry
- Booking trucking appointments
- Running barcodes
- Printing shipping documents and labels
Qualifications & Experience:
• An office or business administration diploma or 1-3 years’ experience in an administrative role is preferred.
• Greenhouse experience is not required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word is required.
• The successful candidate will be extremely organized, detail oriented, efficient and self-motivated.
• The nature of our business is very seasonal and the variety of tasks changes greatly throughout the year due to the seasonality of the industry.
Shifts: Monday – Friday, 8: 00am-4: 30pm
Contract to cover a maternity leave: March 2021 and ending in June 2022