Fort Erie, ON
- The Community Animator/Strategist position is a 9-month part-time contract position to undertake Phase 2 of the Greater Fort Erie Community Hub development.
- Responsibilities will include:
- Develop partnerships and build relationships within the communities to be served by the hub. This will include working to develop strong community support demonstrated through shared values and buy-in to the vision.
- Develop/refine strategic objectives that set out what the hub will do in order to achieve its mission.
- Develop a business model for the hub, that will include a comprehensive range of income sources/revenue streams to cover the capital and operating costs of the hub.
- Identify the assets required to establish the hub. This will include determining ownership and property management options.
- Identify and undertake the ground work to establish an appropriate governance structure. This is necessary prior to formal transfer of building management, employing any staff, or securing funding.
- Develop a project implementation plan suitable for use in funding applications, for example:
- Project management
- Selection of professionals (architects, trades and contractors)
- Ensuring zoning and permit compliance
- Formalizing partnerships and tenancy commitments
- Detailing initial capital financial commitments
- Detailing potential funding sources and funding acquisition strategy
- Finalizing the governance model
- Obtaining approval of the preliminary business plan
- Independent contractor is expected to provide own equipment and work space. Supplementary office/meeting space will be arranged by the Steering Committee as required
- May require evenings and weekends
- Requires use of a vehicle
Qualifications and experience
- Preference given to successful experience in community development
- Preference given to university degree in social science, business or related field
- Skills and qualities:
- Ability to relate to people from a wide range of backgrounds and to engage with target groups
- In-depth understanding of related policies
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including report writing
- Demonstrated success in funding proposals and/or fund development
- Understanding of the issues, concerns and interests of others
- Commitment and enthusiasm
- Good leadership, motivational and organisational skills
- Capable of working both on own initiative and as part of a team
- Sincerity, patience and tact and the ability to earn the trust of others
- Excellent listening skills and confidence in talking to people both in groups and on a one-to-one basis.
- Proponents may be asked to provide examples of past work
- Commensurate with qualifications and experience (in the $40K range)
- Steering Committee
- Please provide three (3) references
Submit responses by February 8, 2019 at 5:00 pm to:
Don West, Chair, Steering Committee, Greater Fort Erie Community Hub Task Force at firstname.lastname@example.org.