2025 Fruitbelt Parkway Niagara Falls, Ontario L2J 0A5
The Sideloader Driver supports the waste division by operating the vehicle and picking up trash and recyclables from residential and commercial customers, and transporting material to the landfill or transfer station as appropriate.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Drives the hydraulic packing vehicle and operates the hydraulic components of the truck in a safe manner, reducing the risk of injury to personnel and property damage.
- This truck requires drivers to load and drive so candidates must be physically capable of loading garbage.
- Performs pre-trip inspection, and completes the Vehicle Inspection Report (VCR).
- Performs post-trip inspections, fuels truck and completes VCR.
- Directs work activity and is responsible for the safety of the assigned crew.
- Properly utilizes all required Personal Protective Equipment and truck safety equipment while following all required safety procedures.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Clean Class DZ Commercial Driver' s license
- Experience driving large trucks
- Able to read and write legibly
- Able to comply with company policy on controlled substances and alcohol
- Positive safety record
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Shifts: Mondays to Fridays, 6am to finish