Fort Erie, ON
We are seeking an onsite maintenance person to
This is a full time position, Monday to Friday from 7:00am – 4:00pm.
The building maintenance person will be required to monitor and service various building equipment and systems; perform general repairs and maintenance, Change locks, Minor Carpentry, Minor paint touchups, some elctrical and plubing, respond to and assessing emergencies from Tenants while keeping a detailed log book and reporting to the Property Manager any and all findings.
Detailed job responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Making sure the property remains clean and presentable at all times
- Regular inspection of the buildings, including common areas & mechanical rooms.
- Reporting to the Property Manager any deficiencies/issues with building and/or systems.
- Overseeing the work of any trades or contractors, providing access when necessary and at the direction of the Property Manager.
- Responding to all repairs, maintenance and emergencies, interacting with contractors & tenants in a kind & professional manner.
Who We Are Looking For:
Education: A high school diploma is required.
Experience: A minimum of two years of relevant work experience or superintendent or a combination thereof.
- Ability to speak & read English, with good communication skills.
- Ability to complete small appliance repairs, routine plumbing, general repairs & maintenance, painting skills and basic electrical repair.
- Attention to detail.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work successfully and efficiently with little to no supervision.
- Good judgment, time management skills, interpersonal skills, problem solving skills, shows initiative and demonstrates sense of ownership.
- Police Clearance check & 3 previous references will be needed
Must be able to pass a criminal background check