Fort Erie, ON
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS (IDENTIFY UP TO 6 CORE RESPONSIBILITIES WITH ASSOCIATED JOB TASKS)
The role of the Filling Operator is to fill the approved customer product into containers and package for shipment. The role varies from plant to plant, dependent upon batch size and container fill. An Operator may work as part of a filling crew on a line or work independently.
- Manually clean pumps, tanks, valves and all associated parts related to breakdown and assembly of filling equipment and maintain cleanliness of area.
- Operate high-speed mixers for the purpose of mixing batches prior to filling.
- Ability to read and understand written filling instructions and follow specific procedures related to customer specifications and maintain log sheets for daily entries. Assist operators with filling projects.
- Collaborate with filling and other operators in order to expedite priority batches for shipment.
- Follow all E,H&S regulations and guidelines.
- Responsible for the stenciling and labeling of all filled containers to customer specifications.
- Responsible for the packaging of any co-ship sample.
- Actively participate in SMART and other safety programs.
- Participation towards completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed
POSITION REQUIREMENTS (INFORMATION PROVIDED BELOW WILL BE USED IN THE JOB POSTING PROCESS)
- FORMAL EDUCATION: (GENERALLY, IF RELEVANT EXPERIENCE IS ACCEPTABLE, THE CANDIDATE MUST HAVE THREE YEARS OF WORK EXPERIENCE FOR EVERY ONE YEAR OF COLLEGE EDUCATION REQUIRED)
- KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to troubleshoot simple equipment related problems. Issues beyond the Operator's level of experience should be brought to management's attention.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Please check all that apply and fill in all required blanks.
u Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant basis.
u Must be able to walk, write, and type on a frequent basis.
u Must be able to lift and carry up to _50___ pounds.
q Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
u Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push, and pull on an occasional basis.
u Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
q May work indoors and outdoors as needed. Exposure to heat up to 120 degrees and cold to 0 degrees.
q May work in areas where noise level is such that hearing protection is required.
q May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
q May be exposed to varying amounts of dust and dirt.
q Work surfaces may include concrete.
q Employee must be able to tolerate non-toxic paint odors and be able to wear a respirator as required.
q Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via telephone.
q Some travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is required.
q Other ________________________________________
- TECHNICAL/SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Verification of customer codes, lot numbers and packaging materials.
- Perform inventories of packaging materials: labels, cartons, bottles, cans, glue, tape, stretch film, ink, etc.
- Work as part of a team or independently. Program label and ink jet printers,
- Perform and participate in general housekeeping activities.
- Perform all requirements pertaining to Batch Tracking functions.
- Operate forklift