1 St. Calir St Welland, Ontario L3B6A7
- Ensuring maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of our client
- Reporting to Production Manager for daily schedules and tasks.
- Operates HMI equipment; understands regulations relating to process operations and works in a manner to ensure that these regulations are met;
- Performs small repairs on equipment; communicates directly with the maintenance department to coordinate complicated repairs and maintenance requirements; assists maintenance employees as needed in performing maintenance and repairs.
- Works in a safe manner at all times following our client policies and procedures; handles corrosive chemicals and other dangerous and toxic products using the respective personal protective equipment as required;
- Takes routine field readings and diagnoses faults affecting facility conditions;
- Loads and unloads oil from trucks and rail cars;
- Operates hoists and cranes within the facility;
- Carries out regular maintenance and cleaning duties of the facility.
Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma; Engineering Fourth Class Certification preferred;
- Vegetable oil or animal fat processing experience within the food, biodiesel or chemical industry is an asset.
- Demonstrated mechanical knowledge and ability;
- A working knowledge of computer software programs such as Microsoft Office and the Internet;
- Demonstrated teamwork skills; effective leadership skills is an asset;
- Physically fit and able to lift a minimum of fifty lbs;
- Previous tow motor or other lift experience is an asset;