90 Centre St Welland, ON L3B 5N4
Rebar structure production company is looking for hard-working welders to join their team.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Must be capable of repeated standing, walking, carrying, bending and lifting.
- Frequent lifting of weights up to 50 lbs. Weights considered to be above the individual’ s ability to lift safely are to be lifted using an overhead crane or lifted with a partner.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Select appropriate quantity, length and gauge of rebar as required for structure being assembled.
- Utilize measuring instruments – tape measure, straight edge, laser sight, jig as required to properly locate and space rebar.
- Weld rebar. Tack welding. Responsible to reload weld wire and change and maintain weld tips to ensure weld quality is consistent.
- Operate overhead crane once properly certified in crane use.
- Must be able to work and operate machinery in a safe and efficient manner. Ensure machine guards are in place and material handled in a safe manner. Must wear appropriate safety equipment as specified.
- Be able to detect faulty operation of equipment being used as well as faulty material.
- As required, sort and rework defective material, repack and dispose of scrap.
- Always maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Working in a non-climate controlled environment.
Applicants can have either welding work experience, welding schooling or valid tickets. They do not need to have all to apply.
Half hour lunch is paid. Overtime is after 8 hours. Saturdays are time and a half and Sundays are double time
Shift times: rotate weekly, 7am to 3pm and 3pm to 11pm, weekdays.
Wage: $19.12 (Days) and $19.62 (afternoons)