Driver/ Service Technician
1950 Rue Bernard Lefebvre Laval, QC H7C 0A5 CA
Essential Job Functions:
- Diagnose equipment issues and determine requirements for repair. Communicate with Office Coordinator and Head Office for assistance obtaining replacement parts.
- Work with Office Coordinator and Regional Sales Manager to provide repair costs and timelines, and obtain approval from customer prior to completing work.
- Ensure that the evaluation of equipment to be repaired is completed within 48 hours and the repairs are completed within two (2) weeks.
- Keep work station clean and organized.
- Provide DOP and Fit Testing services to customers as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Will inspect fall protection, as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Drive vehicles to transport materials to and from specified destinations.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles manually.
- Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to supervisor.
- Ensure that customer orders are accurately fulfilled and product is properly packaged prior to shipping.
- Ensure that shipping documents are complete and included with the product before delivery/collection.
- Ensure that customer acknowledges and signs off for receipt of goods.
- Maintain the log book with mileage and other information required for deliveries made using the Company vehicle.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Immediately report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Keep the Company’s vehicle tidy and fueled at end of business day.
- Prepare orders for delivery, shipping or collection.
- Load and unload product into and from truck trailers using forklift truck or hand carts (and other equipment as assigned).
- Stack and organize product on skids and in racking using forklift or hand carts.
- Report identified quality issues.
- Performs job in safe manner following all procedures and safety rules.
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse and restroom area.
- Provide back-up coverage for other members of the Ottawa team in accordance with guidelines established by the Company to ensure that customer inquiries and orders are fulfilled during PTO, business travel, other absences and emergencies.
Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned by Company management. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $43,000.00-$44,000.00 per year
- Monday to Friday