1011 Gilmore Road Fort Erie, ON L2A 5M4 CA
We are looking for an experienced Industrial Painter to start a new position in Fort Erie ASAP!
We’re searching for a skilled industrial painter for our client. In this role, it will be your job to paint industrial parts for our client. You will need to assess the object that’s going to be painted and determine the best way to go about completing the job. You should be capable of working with many different painting tools, including airbrushes, rollers, and both thin and thick brushes. Additionally, you should be able to remove old layers of paint from different types of surfaces without damaging them.
We’re looking for applicants who have previous experience in a similar role. We prefer to hire someone who has undergone formal training in industrial painting but may hire the right candidate without this qualification.
If you think that you would be a good fit for the job, get in touch with us. We’d love to see your resume.
Industrial Painter Responsibilities:
- Hang parts, load tables/baskets, grind.
- Mix paint/material uniformly
- Properly mask parts and prepare metal and equipment.
- Understand blueprints and specifications.
- Record appropriate information (cleaning times, load, part numbers, temperatures, humidity levels, sample, thickness, solution checks, viscosity and reaction times; complete paint cards; keep flow charts up-to-date)
- Ensure parts and materials are properly identified with GR numbers and material type.
- Check for water break-free; visually check for proper finish; repair/touch up surfaces
- Ensure that finishes conform to drawings and specifications.
- Ensure containers properly identified with GR numbers and expiration dates; verify shelf life.
- Test paint thickness and gloss requirements with gauges and/or meters; check thickness with weight test;
- Apply paint, solutions to proper mil specifications; make adjustments in pressure, velocity and spray.
- Buff, clean, strip parts; sand, putty, alodine; stencil
- Bake parts in oven and ensure dry times.
- Operate overhead crane.
- Apply adhesive primer and films
- Platen press
- Humidity chamber
- Force cure oven
- 2 years Industrial Painting experience
- Completion of high school
- Specialized knowledge of industrial painting techniques and tools
- Physical ability to remain standing for most of your shift
- Ability to work under hot conditions and with fumes
- Ability to work well in both team settings and with minimal supervision
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
Shifts: Mondays to Fridays, 7am to 3:30pm