Payroll & Accounts Payable Administrator
1225 Sunset Dr. Fort Erie, ON L2A5M4 CA
Full-time / Permanent
Full Job Description
A Niagara region construction company is looking for an experienced Payroll /Accounts Payable Administrator at its Niagara, Ontario location.
The Payroll/Accounts Payable Administrator role is responsible for overseeing all tasks associated with payroll processing, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of compensation, addressing all payroll related queries as they arise and employee support. This role will also be the key contributor to the Accounts Payable process, performing accounting and clerical duties related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions, queries, statement of accounts and payment runs.
In addition to these main activities, this person will also be responsible for maintaining the front desk and assisting other members of the team with a variety of administrative activities, often requiring a quick change of direction. The ability to be a flexible team player will be an asset. As the main point of contact for customers, staff, and the public, this role can be quite social and busy at times.
Payroll Administration & Support (30%)
- Bi-weekly payroll processing for approximately 80 employees (Canadian only).
- Manage payroll processing for new hires, terminations, changes to existing employees and the preparation of ROE's and T4’s.
- Employee support for payroll-related inquiries
- Payroll reporting oversight of payroll tax remittances including WSIB & EHT
- Enter vendor invoices ensuring accuracy, proper matching, coding & approval
- Reconcile A/P sub-ledger to vendor statements and respond to vendor inquiries
- Assist with month-end, year-end closing procedures, meet accounting deadlines for accurate financial reporting (as required)
- Organize Accounts Payable email inbox and filing of invoices
- Other ad hoc duties and special projects as assigned
- Office supply inventory
- Managing front desk
- Daily administrative needs of management team
- Degree or diploma in Business with a focus in Accounting is preferred.
- 3-5 years of Accounts Payable/Payroll experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel/Word/Outlook – MS Office.
- Experience working in an ERP Accounting Software package.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ensuring confidentiality of sensitive information.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay Range: $50,000.00-$58,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday