1994 Stevensville Road Stevensville, ON L0S 1S1 CA
Established Heavy Civil construction company specializing in Highway and Road Maintenance,
requires an experienced Project Manager with a minimum of 3-5 years of Canadian working
experience in the roadbuilding industry. This a full-time, year-round position.
Reporting and working closely with the Senior Management Team (President, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Estimating) and other essential management staff. The successful candidate will primarily support the Operations Manager in the effective and efficient oversight of multiple project job sites.
Work includes but is not limited to the following:
- Perform all aspects of contract administration and delivery
o Strong ability to read and interpret drawings and contract specifications
o Negotiate and file claims
o Prepare monthly progress draws
o Perform site measurements/ takeoffs and monitor all quantities of work performed
o Prepare change orders and quotations
o Estimate minor changes on projects with assistance from Project Managers
Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Project Manager working on road construction / private sector projects
- Demonstrated Layout / Survey background
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced computer skills - Microsoft Office (word, excel)
- Firm understanding of Niagara Peninsula Standard Contract Documents / Ontario Provincial Standards
- Familiarity with local Municipal Government and bid processes
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to analyze technical aspects of projects and convey them in a clear fashion to the Senior Management Team
- Strong time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and tender opportunities.
- Liaison with clients and customers with excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours (including possible Saturdays or evenings) as may be necessary to effectively organize, manage and facilitate project schedules.
- Successful candidates will possess a high degree of creativity toward problem-solving.
- Must be a self-starter possessing team motivating characteristics.
- Results-driven with a positive approach to achieving goals.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in Road construction.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the OH&SA, OTM Book 7, as well as recognized construction best practices related to maintaining the highest degree of jobsite safety.
- Possession of either a CET or PEng designation will be considered an asset.
- Valid G-Class Drivers License.
- College or University Degree in Civil Engineering, CET or another equivalent background.
- Competitive salary, pension and health benefits plan
- Company vehicle and phone
- Advancement opportunities
Salary: $90,000 to $100,000/year