Purchasing / Materials Co-ordinator
333 Prince Charles Dr S Welland, ON L3B5P4
This position is responsible for the purchasing of non manufactured (Resale) products for our client. This includes the maintaining of inventories of repetitive items, establishing landed costs for the submission of RFQ’ s, maintaining landed costs on the JDE system, identifying products and suggesting products for sales, interviewing and negotiating with vendor representatives, expediting deliveries, resolving vendor pricing, and product discrepancies. Also in continuous communication with Vesuvius sales representatives, customer service co-ordinators, contracting personnel, warehouse and production staff.
Dimensions of Position:
- Process purchase orders for supplies and non-manufacturing stock .
- Ordering and managing resale inventory
4. Key Result Areas:
- Responsible to process purchase orders for resale inventory items, safety supplies,
- Process Sidermes purchase orders through JDE
- Co-ordinate blanket purchase orders for key plant supplies including, Safety equipment, maintenance supplies, cleaning…….
- Source and determine costing for RFQ items, including quotes, Freight and import costs.
- Reconcile P-Card program for all Canadian P Cards
- Working with vendors, freight forwarders, Ocean Freight, expedites, resolving delays, issues, clearing customs
- Customer Service
- Daily as required for calls, emails, meetings
- Defining customer requests, supplying delivery dates
- NAFTA Purchasing
- Setting up new vendors.
- Daily / weekly as required for calls, email and meetings
- Supply pricing for RFQ requests, status of orders, deliveries, MSDS
Canada Finance Director
- Daily as required
- Requirements, issues with orders, pricing, deliveries
- Daily calls and emails
- Securing quotes, product information, deliveries
College or university diploma with preference to a discipline related to logistics management or working towards certification in Supply Chain Management
5 years of experience relating to purchasing / Supply chain activity.
Understanding of purchasing and supply chain Principles along with knowledge of overseas and international shipments and logistics.
Ability to manage difficult suppliers and resolve disputes while preserving relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders
Skills & Behaviour:
· Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
· Ability to handle multiple functions, prioritize jobs, and work under time constraints to meet deadlines with attention to detail
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office especially Excel.
· Business knowledge
Problem Solving & Complexity:
· Must be able to analyses costs, world and local market trends
· Be able to negotiate and resolve discrepancies with product supplied and costs of vendors and work within time frames
· Be able to have product options when required in order to best present quotes for sales