Burlington, ON L7L 1A2 CA
Are you looking for hands on, fulltime work in Burlington starting at $23.37/hr?
Do You Have What It Takes?
The Production Worker is responsible for the execution of production duties within their site. Reporting to the Production Supervisor, you will work in a safe and reliable manner while performing all designated tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify and pick structural steel/rebar from the warehouse racks to fill orders
- Use of various machines (after training) including overhead cranes, saws for cutting, rebar bender, and shears
- Feeding and unloading processing machines
- Assisting process control and machine operators in performing their duties
- Maintaining a clean work area and equipment used
- Other duties as assigned
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner.
- Assist other employees in any of the above tasks.
- Ability to lift up to 23kg (50lbs)
- Must be able to work varied shifts (days/afternoons/nights)
- Basic mathematical skills and able to use a tape measure
- Able to work independently and within a team environment
- Hand-eye Coordination
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- Previous experience working in an industrial environment / construction industry is preferred
- Must have approved safety footwear
- All successful candidates have to complete a Criminal Background check,
This is a non Smoking Environment
Wage: $23.37/hr. Additional $0.50 for afternoon and $0.60/hr for nights. Overtime after 8 hours. Time and a half Saturdays and double time Sundays.
Shifts: Currently rotating weekly between 7am to 3pm and 3pm to 11pm. Eventually nights will be added to the rotation which is 11pm to 7am.