F102 19720 94A Ave. Langley, BC V1M 3B7 CA
- Drive vehicles to transport materials to and from specified destinations.
- Inspect and maintain vehicle supplies and equipment, such as gas, oil, water, tires, lights, and brakes in order to ensure that vehicles are in proper working condition.
- Load and unload trucks, vans, or automobiles manually.
- Load and unload product into and from truck trailers using forklift truck or hand carts (and other equipment as assigned).
- Verify the contents of inventory loads against shipping documents.
- Ensure that customer acknowledges and signs off for receipt of goods.
- Obey traffic laws, and follow established traffic and transportation procedures.
- Read maps, and follow written and verbal geographic directions.
- Maintain records such as vehicle logs, records of cargo, or billing statements in accordance with regulations.
- Report any mechanical problems encountered with vehicles.
- Report delays, accidents, or other traffic and transportation situations to supervisor.
- Work in warehouse as required.
- Maintain a clean and orderly warehouse and restroom area.
- Report identified quality issues.
- Provide back-up coverage for other members of the Edmonton team in accordance with guidelines established by the Company to ensure that customer inquiries and orders are fulfilled during PTO, business travel, other absences and emergencies
- Provide DOP and fit testing services to customers as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Inspect and document safety equipment for customers (e.g. fall protection), as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Diagnose equipment issues and determine requirements for repair. Communicate with Head Office for assistance obtaining replacement parts.
- Work with Office Coordinator and Regional Sales Manager to provide repair costs and timelines, and obtain approval from customer prior to completing work.
- Ensure that the evaluation of equipment to be repaired is completed within 48 hours and the repairs are completed within two (2) weeks.
- Keep work station clean and organized.
Perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned by Company management. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, or working conditions.
Education and Work Experience: High school diploma or GED. Must have a valid DZ license or better. At least one year (1) experience as a delivery driver. Association Affiliation is not needed for this position. Clean driving Abstract required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Requirements include being mechanically inclined. Successful completion of internal training programs. Ability to manage a variety of activities simultaneously. Individual shall possess average written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail. A proven willingness and ability to make sound business judgments. Exhibits a high level of integrity, mutual respect, and employee teamwork at all times. Displays a professional image. Demonstrates a strong commitment to meeting or exceeding company expectations, goals and objectives.
*Physical Demands/Working Conditions: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required for long periods of time to stand, walk, sit, bend, kneel, climb, and lift, use hands to finger, handle controls; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. May have to lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. PPE includes: safety goggles, gloves, respirator, and CSA approved work boots hearing protection. Shift assignments will vary. The normal work week is up to 40 hours, but the hours will vary according to production demands. Some overtime may be required.
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.