Stoney Creek, ON L8E 3X7 CA
Are you an experienced Fitter, especially in the structural steel industry? Are you looking for a full-time career in Fitting? We are looking for a Fitter to join a team in Stoney Creek that custom designs, manufactures, and assembles metal buildings. $28 to $32/hr, based on experience.
- To assemble structural components onto WF beams, HSS Tubing, Channel. Angle and plate.
- Follow blueprints to ensure exact dimensions and specifications are met.
- Produce clean welds
- Provide notes to the welders if any uncommon welds are required
- Ensure quality control
- Min of 3 years experience in structural steel fitting, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Familiar with common welding including MIG welding
- Use of hand-held grinders and other tools
- Ability to stand, crouch and occasionally lift heavy materials
- Blueprint reading and knowledge of common welding symbols
- Experience with use of overhead cranes
Days: 6:30am- 3:30pm (5 days a week)
Afternoons: 3:00pm - 1:30am (4 days a week)
Wage: $28- $32 /hr, based on experience